Penrith Performing & Visual Arts Ltd, operators of the Joan Sutherland Performing Arts Centre (including Penrith Con and the Q Theatre) and Penrith Regional Gallery, Home of the Lewers Bequest is looking for its next Chief Executive Officer.
If you are an exceptional leader with extensive knowledge and networks across the arts landscape, from performing and visual arts to venues, communities and government and have a burning desire to join and lead a dedicated and expert team in a city on Sydney’s rapidly developing western edge, this could be the role for you.
The role requires a highly experienced arts manager. An arts all-rounder with a passion for people and community.
The right candidate will have:
- Experience in managing an arts venue;
- Skills in delivering a balanced program that encompasses capacity building, professional pathways, creation, curation and presentation;
- Expertise in delivering arts education programs;
- An understanding of audience development and community engagement;
- A proven track record in the management of new work creation and in developing and delivering cultural projects;
- A demonstrated ability to lead complex programs and bring together multifaceted teams.
As well as the ability to:
- Maximise the potential of this exciting and much-loved organisation and its two sites;
- Continue its transition and registration as a charity;
- Maintain the strong links and support of Penrith City Council, Create NSW and other funding partners;
- Grow corporate and philanthropic support;
- Ensure all programs continue to meet community needs and expectations;
- Support the creation of new artistic works, the growth of community participation and of creative professional pathways in Penrith.
A competitive salary will be negotiated with the successful applicant
Applications close: 5pm Friday 26 August 2022
Please provide a cover letter outlining relevant skills and experience and your CV to Lisa Rose, Administration Manager, PPV&VA: email@example.com
If you would like to know more about the role and PP&VA contact Hania Radvan –CEO, PP&VA Ltd on either 0437 499 514 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Access, Equity & Inclusion
PP&VA is committed to creating an inclusive workforce which reflects the community we serve. We welcome and encourage applications from all people regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, cultural background, disability, or sexual orientation.
We will provide reasonable adjustments in our recruitment process and in the workplace.
Please note that all staff must be fully vaccinated in line with PP&VA Policy. Please be prepared to provide your proof of vaccination.