Part-time, 30 hours per week (includes evenings and weekends)
Temporary until December 2022 with the possibility of ongoing
LGA Level 5
Working in the theatre team at The Joan puts you right at the heart of creative life in Western Sydney. We’re looking for expressions of interest from artists, arts educators and/or arts administrators who are passionate about theatre, arts education and learning.
At Penrith Performing & Visual Arts (PP&VA) we’re committed to being responsive to the creative and artistic needs of our communities – and making space for artists and community to develop their skills and showcase their work is a big part of that. As Coordinator, Theatre you will be at the centre of that commitment. Reporting to the Director, Theatre and working closely with the Associate Artist and Producer, you’ll be part of a dynamic team, contributing your arts knowledge and expertise to PP&VA’s learning and creative programming.
As Coordinator, Theatre you will be responsible for:
- Coordinating Studio Q drama programs for young people aged 5 – 18, and for the broader community including adults living with a disability, and our community elders.
- Liaising with Studio Q Tutors, parents and carers, and students
- Assisting with AYTF (Australian Youth Theatre Festival) – including liaising with schools, teachers, and students
- Supporting the Theatre team to deliver PP&VA’s theatre programming.
As Coordinator, Theatre you will be:
- passionate about theatre, arts education and learning
- a great communicator
- an excellent team player and collaborator, who is also able to take the ball and run with it
- experienced in administration
- flexible and creative
We’re committed to finding the best solution for the role and are open to flexible working arrangements that serve the team and individuals. We’re open to discussion and interested in applications from:
- candidates capable of working the necessary hours to cover the role in its entirety
- up to 2 candidates in a joint job-share application
- individuals looking for a job-share arrangement
The role is offered on a Part Time Temporary contract until December 2022, with the possibility for extension. Based on LGA (Local Government Area) Award Level 5 ($31.57ph plus super and annual leave loading), it is based at The Joan (Joan Sutherland Performing Arts Centre) in Penrith and requires evening and weekend hours – with flexibility around scheduling of workdays and hours, including hybrid working arrangements where possible. PP&VA is made up of The Joan, Q Theatre, Penrith Conservatorium and Penrith Regional Gallery, Home of The Lewers Bequest.
How to apply
Submissions for PP&VA’s Coordinator, Theatre role should be emailed to Suzanne Pereira (email@example.com) and include:
- 1pg Cover Letter addressing above Job Criteria and Key Results Areas outlined in attached Position Description
- CV – no more than 3 pages
Applications close: 11.59pm Sunday 31 July
Job Specific Enquiries please contact Suzanne Pereira – Director, Theatre Suzanne.firstname.lastname@example.org
Access, Equity & Inclusion
PP&VA is committed to creating an inclusive workforce which reflects the community we serve. We welcome and encourage applications from all people regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, cultural background, disability, or sexual orientation.
We will provide adjustments in our recruitment process and in the workplace.
If you need an adjustment in the recruitment process, please contact Suzanne.email@example.com
Please note that all staff must be fully vaccinated in line with PP&VA Policy. Please be prepared to provide your proof of vaccination.