CALLING ALL ARTISTS WITH AN IDEA FOR A PROJECT IN EARLY DEVELOPMENT STAGE: SUBMIT YOUR EXPRESSION OF INTEREST APPLICATION FOR Q THEATRE LAB
WHAT IS Q THEATRE LAB?
Q Theatre Lab is Q Theatre’s residency program that champions the creation of new work that is for, with or by Western Sydney artists. It’s designed to make creative space and time for developing a dynamic project in the ideas or early stage of development.
Q Theatre Lab aims to:
- Offer artistic freedom to develop ideas, new work, or artforms. Q Theatre Lab puts the artists’ needs at the centre of the process. The program is artist-led – you set the parameters best for your approach to creating work.
- Support Penrith and Greater Western Sydney artists and stories. This platform is for any Western Sydney artist with a performance-based practice.
WHAT IS IN IT FOR YOU?
Q Theatre will support two residencies with a $2,500 stipend each available in financial assistance. Further residencies may be considered budget pending. The successful applicant/s will receive financial aid, space to develop the work and technical and dramaturgical support for dedicated creative development.
KEY DATES AND INFORMATION
- Applications Open: Monday 6 February 2023
- Applications Close: Monday 6 March 2023
- Successful Applicants Advised by: Friday 31 March 2023
- Residencies Can Commence: From April until the end of June 2023
Number of Residencies Available: Two
Residency Location: Joan Sutherland Performing Arts Centre, Penrith
INTERESTED? SUBMIT YOUR APPLICATION NOW
For more information please contact Q Theatre’s Associate Artist, Shy Magsalin via email here.
Q Theatre Lab is is proudly supported by Create NSW.
Banner Photo: Bernadette Fam and Monika Pieprzyk for tutaj/ھناك (here/there), Q Theatre Lab 2019. Image by Phyllis Photography.