In 2018 we presented two shows in association with the Sydney Fringe in our inaugural Q Indie Season – Table for Two (Will Tredinnick) and Obviously! (Vonne Patiag).
Following the success of the 2018 Season, we’re launching two new independent theatre projects in 2019 to coincide with Mardi Gras & Sydney Fringe – Mini Gras & New West.
In October/November 2018 we called for submissions from theatre, comedy, dance, movement, performance art, visual art and interdisciplinary artists; and two projects have been selected; the first of which is Project Besfriendship for Minigras 25 Feb – 2 March 2019. Stay tuned for details of New West, to be presented in September.
Q Indie projects receive:
- One week season in our Allan Mullins Studio
- 70% of box office income
- Use of our standard LX and SND rig
- Online boosting of your show and ticketing infrastructure as part of the Q Theatre Indie Season
- Marketing support (hosting on website, sharing on our social channels, eDM, limited print collateral)
- 21 x hours technical support
- 14 x hours of FOH support
- 1 week of rehearsal space
If you have any questions about the Q Indie, please contact Nick at email@example.com
The Q Indie 2020 Season will be open for submissions in late 2019. Further opportunities may be opened up through the year.
Want email updates?
We'd love to keep you in the loop.